Title: Senior Project Manager
Job Classification: Senior Project Manager
Start Date: Immediately
ROLE: The Senior Project Manager will support the implementation of project management practices during the estimate, tender, award, design, construction and close-out stages. The project manager will integrate construction activities by planning, organizing and implementing project management tools and techniques including but not limited to: safety, project integration, communication, cost control, scheduling, resource planning, change management, subcontract, materials planning, purchasing and quality.
- Help drive the company environmental health and safety programs at the project level, driving a safety-oriented approach to work
- Provide guidance, mentorship and leadership to project team members and construction leadership in areas of execution strategy, planning, procurement, safety, cost control, quality and scheduling.
- Support estimating / scheduling activities throughout bid lifecycle including analyzing tender scope, specifications and drawings and contribute to developing competitive execution strategies.
- Coordinate the transfer of baseline plans to the project execution team once the job is won and moves to execution.
- Serve as project representative with client, constructor, subcontractors, and vendors at kick-off meetings, job walks, project review, and other meetings and correspondence.
- Manage and direct project teams and construction leadership by providing communication, coordination and follow-up to meet project goals and objectives; ensure project scope or work, schedule and budget are clearly defined and understood.
- Establish project procedures consistent with contractual documents and quality plans for work; determine and oversee project controls, schedules and budgets.
- Utilize knowledge of basic engineering fundamentals and practices to track and budget progress with project milestones
- Maintain ongoing communication with client, making adjustments as necessary to comply with client needs within contractual obligations, or adjust project deliverables to meet client and Allteck needs
- Identify and secure necessary approvals for all changes in project scope, budget and/or schedule
- Work with project team and construction leadership to identify and resolve technical problem; and review specifications in order to provide technical assistance as needed.
- Monitor earned value performance, and forecasts and work collaboratively with the construction leadership to implement changes to improve project performance.
- Advance the development of Allteck’s project management practices and procedures. Implement, assist and identify areas for improvement.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years’ related construction experience working for a General Contractor in an utility, industrial or infrastructure industry
- Experience leading multi-million dollar contracts, including ownership of operations, project administration, client relations and all other scopes relative to large construction projects
- Familiarity with T&D construction approaches, methods, sequencing, and resources.
- Experiencing developing construction plans and overseeing fixed price, at-risk construction contracts
- Demonstrated experience in working in a schedule driven environment in a construction or engineering company
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in engineering, construction management or similar field.
- Preference to individuals with a PMP or AACEI certification.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to develop positive relationships with a diverse range of disciplines in a dynamic business setting.
- Skilled with the use of Microsoft Office tools including Word and Excel
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks and manage multiple submissions.