Title: Proposals Coordinator
Job Classification: Proposals Coordinator
Reports to: Manager of Project Management Office
Location: Burnaby, BC
Start Date: Immediately
The successful candidate will primarily be accountable for coordinating and developing proposals, tenders and qualifications for construction services in the Power Transmission & Distribution sector. This individual will coordinate with clients and internal departments during all stages of business development lifecycle, gather information on business opportunities, develop win strategies, differentiators, and strengths for proposal content and edit and assemble winning proposal responses.
- Ensure high quality preparation of all tenders, proposal and qualifications that communicates the value of our service offerings
- Utilize marketing research tools to identify and status business opportunities and maintain the information in our Customer Relationship Management system.
- Acts as the primary liaison with the client during the bid lifecycle from initial enquiry to post-submission stages
- Facilitate and coordinate proposal kick-off and review meetings, identify and track action items and maintain communication with team members of key deadlines and requirements
- Identify response deliverables, establish proposal schedules and communicate responsibilities and accountabilities to proposal team members.
- Assist in developing and implementing win strategies, key messages, marketing themes, and differentiators in proposal submissions
- Proofread proposals to apply company standards for accuracy, quality writing, and marketing focus
- Conduct quality assurance on response documents and ensure compliance of tender materials with client requirements.
- Create and update project profiles and team member resumes
- Organize and conduct internal post-mortem meetings and develop lessons learned that can be applied on future proposals
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated experience in working in a schedule driven environment in a construction or engineering company
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in business, communications, marketing or similar field.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a proposal coordinator role or in a technical writing field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with innate abilities in grammar and concise writing
- Ability to develop positive relationships with a diverse range of disciplines in a dynamic business setting.
- Skilled with the use of Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks and manage multiple submissions.
- Preference made with skills in marketing tools such as InDesign or Illustrator.
Working at Allteck
- Challenging work and an excellent, team-oriented, work environment
- Competitive salary packages
- Excellent benefits – Annual Vacation, Medical, Dental, Vision, RRSP Matching
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement
- Allteck and Quanta Services are well known in North America and globally and have an outstanding reputation