Title: Project Manager
Job Classification: Project Manager
Reports to: President
Location: Burnaby, BC
Start Date: Immediately
ROLE: In this role, the Project Manager is accountable for leading project / business development activities for T&D projects in Central America. The individual will oversee project teams through the bid stages including assessing the viability of project opportunities, developing pursuit strategies, implementing execution plans and communicating with internal stakeholders.
- Prioritize, plan and coordinate project and business development activities
- Coordinate company leadership and pursuit teams on daily basis.
- Act as primary contact for customer queries and concerns.
- Prepare project proposals and develop project plans, schedules and budget.
- Perform customer negotiations for contractual terms and agreements.
- Determine resource requirements and allocate resources to execute work.
- Assess potential risks and technical challenges and develop mitigation plans.
- Interact with customers to clearly understand business needs and expectations.
- Build positive working relationships with customers and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Analyze and resolve project issues in timely and accurate manner.
- Develop business presentations for customer as needed.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience in the T&D industry in a project or construction management role.
- Familiarity with T&D construction approaches, methods, sequencing, and resources.
- Experiencing developing project execution plans and subsidiary plans tailored to a utility, oil and gas; and mining audience.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a schedule driven environment in a construction or engineering company
- Preference to individuals with a PMI or AACEI certification.
- Preference to post-secondary diploma or degree in engineering, construction management or similar field.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to develop positive relationships with a diverse range of disciplines in a dynamic business setting.
- Skilled with the use of Microsoft Office tools including Word and Excel
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks and manage multiple submissions.