Title: Project Business Manager
Job Classification: Project Business Manager
Reports to: Project Manager
Start Date: Immediately
COMPANY: Allteck Line Contractors builds and maintains infrastructure that delivers electricity, and all its conveniences, to neighborhoods and businesses. Across Canada, we provide engineering and construction solutions to our electrical utility and industrial customers. With a disciplined approach to project delivery and the implementation of innovative solutions and technologies, we build projects responsibly and safely. We have exciting project opportunities in Western Canada and if you’re an individual looking to grow and build your career, do so by building the some of the most important infrastructure that powers the world around you.
ROLE: This position interfaces directly with project and office management, providing trusted insight into the financial health of a project. The primary focuses of this position include: evaluating construction job cost, data reporting/analysis for management, budgeting/forecasting and contract management. The Business Manager is also responsible for training and mentorship of project controls staff.
- Leads project forecast reviews, utilizes historical and trending data to validate forecast, and follows company standards for cost and revenue reporting
- Integrate field operations, project management, and financial accounting to better understand and communicate financial reports and data
- Supports Operations team with decision making by identifying, quantifying, and communicating financial risks and opportunities
- Prepares client invoicing, manages accounts receivable and revenue, and reviews project cash flow projection on a monthly basis
- Administer prime contract and sub contract change orders
- Develop and implements proper project, accounting and contract controls
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management for both the prime contract and subcontracts.
- Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, contractual changes and other documents for project contracts.
- Coordinate with client and subcontractors for commercial submittals including but not limited to insurance, bid bonds and performance bonds.
- Provide input into a project risk register on finance and contract matters, discuss and recommend mitigation.
- Earns trust, credibility, and buy in of processes from project management and construction team to create better cohesion and clear communication within the organization
- 5+ years of project controls/financial/data analysis experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering or a similar degree
- Basic knowledge of accounting
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel
- Effective communication (both oral and written), organization and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and eagerness to produce high quality results
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- High level of professionalism and standards
- Travel will be required