Title: Office Administrator
Job Classification: Office Administrator
Reports to: VP Operations
Location: Burnaby, BC
Start Date: Immediately
ABOUT ALLTECK LINE CONTRACTORS
For over 30 years, Allteck has grown to be one of Canada’s most respected and innovative high voltage service companies. Our services include the design, installation, maintenance and repair of all types of high voltage infrastructure.
In November 2001, Allteck became a subsidiary of Quanta Services Inc., the largest electric power services contractor in North America. As a result, the Quanta family of companies is well-recognized for its ability to provide innovative solutions in a variety of industries in North America.
Allteck is seeking an Office Administrator for the Burnaby Head Office.
The Office Administrator supports the VP Operations and the Operations team at the Burnaby Head Office to help deliver corporate projects on time, within budget, and according to specifications. Responsible for coordination of information and completion of customer or unit work reports on behalf of Allteck. This role will also include providing general office administration support.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- General day to day administration and support for the Operations team at Burnaby Head Office.
- Arrange travel requirements and appointments for Operations team.
- Maintain Visas, personal expenses, receipts, vacation requests and other required documentation for the Operations team at Burnaby Head Office.
- Set up and maintain project folders for record keeping.
- Administer daily timesheets, provide coding, obtain approvals and submit to payroll.
- Acting liaison for VP Operations to other operation sites outside of Head Office.
- Set up, review, code and track all purchase orders / non POs in JD Edwards.
- Track, analyse and report project progress to appropriate managers and/or customers.
- Preparation and submission of unit job billing
- Create and update schedules.
- Liaise with other Operations team members on current and future projects, reporting, allocations and other departmental requirements.
- Perform other duties as required, requested or assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years’ office experience in billing, finance or related administrative field
- Knowledge of Utilities industry and JD Edwards considered an asset
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong customer focus with both internal staff and general public
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent and efficient data entry skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented, easily accepting of change or new direction
- Strong communication both verbal and written
- Meticulous, self-motivated, results-oriented and strong initiative
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and possess strong work commitment
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently
- Hands-on, able to multi-task and willing to learn and work beyond job-scope when necessary