Title: Materials Manager
Job Classification: Materials Manager
Location: Chetwynd, British Columbia
Start Date: Immediately
COMPANY: Allteck Line Contractors builds and maintains infrastructure that delivers electricity, and all its conveniences, to neighborhoods and businesses. Across Canada, we provide engineering and construction solutions to our electrical utility and industrial customers. With a disciplined approach to project delivery and the implementation of innovative solutions and technologies, we build projects responsibly and safely. We have exciting project opportunities in Western Canada and if you’re an individual looking to grow and build your career, do so by building the some of the most important infrastructure that powers the world around you.
ROLE: The Material Manager is responsible for planning, executing, controlling and documenting field and office activities related to managing and controlling materials for construction. The goal of the Materials Manager will be to ensure that construction materials are available at their point of use when needed. The Materials Manager will develop and utilize a Materials Management System to ensure the right quality and quantity of materials are received, delivered, handled and distributed to our construction teams.
- Driving a safety-oriented approach to work.
- Work in conjunction with the construction leadership to develop and improve material management plans to support efficient execution.
- Ensure a timely flow of inbound and outbound transmission line construction materials
- Develop and implement a Material Management System with the objective to achieve a near real-time status of project materials.
- Manage logistics including the scheduled loading, hauling, pickup, delivery and unloading of materials
- Provide material requisition documentation to the customer for material being requested.
- Receiving and inspection of supplied materials and monitoring onsite consumption of materials and anticipate shortages
- Organizing packing slips, goods receipt forms, damage records and waybills and submitting the applicable information.
- Arrange for return of returnable containers, packaging and reels and collect proof of return
- Ensure that materials supplied are conforming to the contract requirements and quality acceptance criteria, where applicable.
- Report and document damaged material and resolving issues in accordance with the contract requirements
- Identify quality accountabilities in the ITP for material management activities.
- Develop a process and documentation for the traceability of supplied and procured materials.
- Identify innovative material management opportunities to reduce overall project costs and create a predictable project schedule.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong Excel and Word skills
- Ability to interpret tower assembly / erection drawings and structure details
- Experience with transmission line materials packaging, tower bundling and conductor reels
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in working on multi-million dollar fixed price, at-risk construction contracts in a schedule driven environment in a construction or engineering company
- Related construction experience working for a Line Contractor
- Red seal certificate in a related field would be an asset.
- Understanding of fundament quality management concepts and processes.