Title: IT Systems Administrator
Job Classification: IT Systems Administrator
Reports to: IT Manager
Location: Burnaby, BC
Start Date: Immediately
ABOUT ALLTECK LINE CONTRACTORS
For over 30 years, Allteck has grown to be one of Canada’s most respected and innovative high voltage service companies. Our services include the design, installation, maintenance and repair of all types of high voltage infrastructure.
In November 2001, Allteck became a subsidiary of Quanta Services Inc., the largest electric power services contractor in North America. As a result, the Quanta family of companies is well-recognized for its ability to provide innovative solutions in a variety of industries in North America.
Allteck is seeking an IT Systems Administrator to join our team!
The IT Systems Administrator is responsible for the maintenance and provisioning of server systems and infrastructure. Also responsible for implementing, monitoring and maintaining primary office data networks and communications between satellite office networks. This role will also include providing support and customer service when needed.
- Install, configure, and maintain physical and virtual server systems and hosts. (Including but not limited to DHCP, DNS, File Server, Print Server).
- Ensure integrity of all systems through proactive maintenance, version upgrades, and patch maintenance.
- Ensure backup processes are in place, verify logs and perform recovery operations.
- Monitory network and server systems for error, capacity and performance.
- Installation and support of LAN/WAN systems (various network segments, intranet/internet and interconnectivity).
- Install, configure and maintain network hardware and software (including but not limited to VLAN, Trunks, DHCP, Static IPs, Cisco VoIP telephony).
- Ensure network connectivity throughout LAN/WAN infrastructure is linked with technical considerations/requirements.
- Update and maintain documentation for IT systems.
- Troubleshoot all technology issues that may arise.
- Knowledge transfer and sharing with rest of IT team.
- Improve solutions/ processes that maximize system availability, efficiency/ effectiveness and minimize or prevent problems and issues pertaining to Networking and Infrastructure as part of the IT Team.
- Adherence to internal controls compliance with requirements as established by Allteck and Quanta.
- Assisting the IT Manager in meeting departmental and yearly objectives.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
Designation in Computer Science with 3 – 5 years’ relevant working experience or an equivalent of education and experience. CCNA certification, VMWare certified professional, MCSE designation or equivalencies plus related experiences. Strong networking knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing and subnetting, and working knowledge of Microsoft Server 2016/2019, Active Directory, and Office O365 considered an asset.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent customer service skills and follow through.
- Strong technical and analytical problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Detail oriented tailored to audience – ability to translate technical jargon into user friendly language or approach.
- Strong communication both verbal and written.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Ability to demonstrate sound work ethic.
- Ability to prioritize workload and show urgency when required.
- Valid Class 5/7 Driver’s Licence with no prohibitions or suspensions.
- Ability to travel to remote offices (up to 20% of time)