Title: General Superintendent
Job Classification: General Superintendent
Location: Northeast British Columbia
Start Date: Immediately
COMPANY: Allteck Line Contractors builds and maintains infrastructure that delivers electricity, and all its conveniences, to neighborhoods and businesses. Across Canada, we provide engineering and construction solutions to our electrical utility and industrial customers. With a disciplined approach to project delivery and the implementation of innovative solutions and technologies, we build projects responsibly and safely. We have an exciting transmission line project opportunity for a senior construction leader in Western Canada.
ROLE: The General Superintendent will be responsible for the organization, work methods, scheduling, cost control, conformity with drawings and specification, workmanship, and assignment of work to accomplish project objectives. The General Superintendent will work closely with the Project Manager and Construction Leadership, and integrate construction activities by planning, organizing and implementing construction management tools and techniques. You will also work to maintain positive working relationships with clients, engineers, suppliers, subcontractors, and jobsite staff.
- Champion the company environmental health and safety programs at the project level, driving a safety-oriented approach to work.
- Plan job safety training and proactively identify safety hazards in the workplace creating safety awareness and taking all necessary corrective action.
- Delegate responsibilities and set goals to ensure production of high-quality work that meets the requirements of our company and the client requirements.
- Assist in preparing and executing work plans, manpower levels, material quantities, schedules and equipment requirements.
- Ensure project scope of work, schedule and budget are clearly defined and understood.
- Monitor project performance and implement changes to improve performance when required.
- Develop and maintain open communications with crews, field engineers, construction coordinators, safety and QA/QC staff.
- Champion maintaining good client relations with the project team, staff and crews.
- Inform senior leadership and/or project management of potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, etc. and oversee in troubleshooting these issues.
- Attend regular meetings with client, subcontractors, and management.
- Ensure construction complies with drawings, specifications and all contractual requirements.
- Monitor the cost performance on a daily / weekly basis.
- Monitor schedule performance, track and coordinate work with contractors and deliveries with suppliers.
- Assist the Project Manager and Business Manager in contract administration and change management.
- Work closely with Quality Manager to ensure quality objectives are being achieved.
- Examine/inspect field conditions and troubleshoot problems, correct inaccuracies, and implement cost saving measures.
- Ensure inspections are scheduled appropriately.
- Develop and implement a plan for project completion and turnover.
- Maintain daily diary for record keeping purposes.
- Assist in the hiring, training and development of craft personnel.
- Ensure that all performance evaluations and completed in a timely fashion for direct reports.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years’ related construction experience working for a General Contractor in an utility, industrial or infrastructure industry
- Experience leading multi-million dollar contracts, including ownership of operations, project administration, client relations and all other scopes relative to large construction projects
- Familiarity with T&D construction approaches, methods, sequencing, and resources.
- Experiencing developing construction plans and overseeing fixed price, at-risk construction contracts
- Demonstrated experience in working in a schedule driven environment in a construction or engineering company
- Preference to individuals with a PMP, AACEI and / or red-seal certification.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to develop positive relationships with a diverse range of disciplines in a dynamic business setting.
- Skilled with the use of Microsoft Office tools including Word and Excel
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks and manage multiple submissions.