Title: Environmental Manager
Job Classification: Environmental Manager
Location: Burnaby, BC
Start Date: Immediately
COMPANY: Allteck Line Contractors builds and maintains infrastructure that delivers electricity, and all its conveniences, to neighborhoods and businesses. Across Canada, we provide engineering and construction solutions to our electrical utility and industrial customers. With a disciplined approach to project delivery and the implementation of innovative solutions and technologies, we build projects responsibly and safely. We have exciting project opportunities in Western Canada and if you’re an individual looking to grow and build your career, do so by building the some of the most important infrastructure that powers the world around you.
ROLE: The Environmental Manager will have responsibility for Allteck’s compliance with our environmental obligations when performing transmission and distribution construction and maintenance across Western Canada.
The Environmental Manager’s responsibilities will include:
- Develop and support implementation of environmental program improvements as part of Allteck’s continuous improvement process
- Oversee and coordinate environmental resources, including Environmental Monitors, Environmental Coordinators, Qualified Environmental Professionals and subcontracted environmental staff;
- Oversee and coordinate a team to develop, approve, update and communicate Environmental Protection Plans (EPPs), the Contract and CEMP requirements;
- Oversee and coordinate the implementation of the requirements of each EPP in the performance of the Work;
- As appropriate, review, approve and sign all plans and procedures prepared by Qualified Environmental Professionals;
- Ensure that all environmental reporting meets internal, customer requirements, contract and CEMP requirements;
- Coordinate and assist with environmental communications and training, including training on emergency response procedures, Environmental Incident procedures and Stop Work Procedures;
- Coordinate with the Quality Manager as required to ensure that Allteck’s environmental obligations are performed in compliance with the Quality Management System, as applicable;
- Manage environmental inspection and monitoring activities,
- Analyze environmental testing results, report the results to the senior management team as necessary, and ensure that any follow-up action that may be required is completed in a timely manner;
- Review and approve environmental audit and NCR’s, and summarize results and recommendations for Allteck’s senior management team to review; and
- Ensure immediate correction of any environmental Non-conformities along with corresponding sign-off of these actions.
- An applied scientist or technologist with a specialty in a relevant applied science or
- technology, including agrology, forestry, biology, engineering, geomorphology, geology, hydrology, hydrogeology or landscape architecture
- a member in good standing registered with the appropriate professional association in
- British Columbia, acting under such association’s Code of Ethics and subject to disciplinary action by such association; and
- Demonstrated experience in providing advice within his or her area of expertise through suitable education, experience, accreditation and knowledge relevant to his or her field.
- Preference to an individual who is a Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC) and Invasive Weed Mitigation and Adaptive Management
- Effective communication (both oral and written), organization and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and eagerness to produce high quality results
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- High level of professionalism and standards
- Travel will be required