Title: Electrical Distribution Designer
Job Classification: Electrical Distribution Designer
Location: Kelowna, BC
Start Date: Immediately
Implementation and Delivery of our Customers Design Build Program. Participate and engage with a team oriented group in the successful delivery of customer driven Underground and Overhead Distribution design projects in our customers service areas.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct field visits/ reviews to collect information in the creation of job scopes and distribution designs. Designs are likely to included residential subdivisions, commercial and industrial applications.
- Compiles data, performs calculations in regards to circuit load, and fuse coordination.
- Perform professional customer project interaction and provide customers with accurate technical and fee information/ advice in regards to Distribution Projects.
- Prepare and/or coordinate the preparation of projects, from conceptual to completion of work.
- Prepare estimates, proposals, budgets for distribution projects.
- Preparing quotations for client design build projects.
- Participate and interact with Power Line Technician(s) to confirm and validate cost estimates.
- Participate in client design/ review meetings as requested.
- Source, cost, procure and manage budgets for distribution project materials.
- Reviewing and putting together design packages for clients.
- Customer interface – clients, developers and internal customers.
- Traveling, inspections and visiting client sites during project design and implementation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Peer reviews for distribution design projects.
Qualifications and Skills
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Electrical/ Civil Peng, Certificate of Electrical Technology. Civil Technologist diploma. Certification and/or Diploma to be recognized in Canada.
- Strong Technical knowledge in the electrical and civil fields and the various codes as they apply to distribution projects.
- Previous experience with cost based estimating tools. Must have mathematical and analytical skills in order to create cost estimates.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel/ Word.
- Must have a valid B.C. class 5 (or better) driver’s licence.
- Strong Verbal Communication abilities, good organization and interpersonal skills.
- Strong client service and customer interaction skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and work with a minimal amount of supervision.
- The ability to be working on multiple projects, keeping close monitoring on key delivery dates and client obligations.
- Must have Autocad proficiency and related design experience.
- PLS Cad experience would be an asset.
- Experience with Communications and Gas related design concepts is valuable.
- Previous experience with distribution design in a utility environment.
Comprehensive, 100% company paid benefit plan, 3 weeks vacation to start, RSP matching and a Health & Wellness program. Competitive salary paid weekly.
Job Type: Full-time