Title: Marketing Specialist/Graphic Designer
Job Classification: Creative Assistant – Marketing
Reports to: Manager, Marketing
Location: Burnaby, BC
Start Date: Immediately
ABOUT ALLTECK LINE CONTRACTORS
For over 30 years, Allteck has grown to be one of Canada’s most respected and innovative high voltage service companies. Our services include the design, installation, maintenance and repair of all types of high voltage infrastructure.
In November 2001, Allteck became a subsidiary of Quanta Services Inc., the largest electric power services contractor in North America. As a result, the Quanta family of companies is well-recognized for its ability to provide innovative solutions in a variety of industries in North America.
Allteck is seeking a Creative Assistant – Marketing for the Burnaby Head Office.
We are looking for a Creative Assistant to join our Marketing team and participate in various branding projects. Creative Assistant responsibilities include writing marketing-related copy for internal and external use and helping design valuable content, from guides and presentations to videos and infographics. Familiarity with image and/or video editing software. Ultimately, you will help us build and maintain a strong and cohesive brand both online and offline.
Under the general direction of the Marketing Manager; The Creative Assistant fills a vital role in contributing to the passionate and creative drive of our team, through strong creative and design skills helping to craft the vision and direction of the marketing team. Responsible for working with Allteck and its subsidiaries to bring their vision and project to life from design and concept through development and implementation.
- Supports and demonstrates commitment to the Goals and Visions of Allteck.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop creative campaigns and design concepts that include brand strategies in order to meet Allteck and its subsidiaries business objectives including but not limited to; calendars, business cards, stickers, brochures, cut sheets, advertisements, PowerPoints, and digital graphic design.
- Prepare and maintain graphic standards, including logo updates, stationary template updates, etc.
- Write copy for marketing and communications material, including press releases, infographics, and social media posts.
- Create and maintain customizable templates we can use for multiple purposes, including presentations and business cards.
- Coordinate with other departments to gather images, logos, stats and content to use in various creative projects (ex. project profiles for website, social media, brochures, magazine articles, etc.)
- Maintenance of websites for Allteck and its subsidiaries, including future brand refreshes and SEO’s.
- Develops trade show booth banners and other material as required.
- Receives and interprets (sometimes undefined) creative and project briefs, problem solve and present ideas creatively and effectively.
- Designs and produces work for print and digital.
- Creates and assists with maintenance of project tasks within SalesForce. Checks daily to see assigned project tasks, provides status updates and closes out tasks upon completion (subject to revision as the department needs evolve).
- Maintains, organizes and responds to emails in the Marketing and Social Media shared inbox. Flags items for follow-up and follows up with team members as required.
- Maintains and organizes documentation and files, videos, images and guides for creative projects on the Marketing network.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to ensure a cohesive marketing presence. Research and recommend new ideas for strengthening our brand.
- Codes monthly visa statements as required.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
EDUCATION TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Post-secondary Marketing or Graphic Design certificate/degree required. Two years of recent proven work experience as a Marketing/Creative Assistant or relevant role. Experience with photo and graphic editing software including Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent working use of Adobe Creative Suite skills, including (but not limited to) Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop
- Strong understanding and proven abilities of various social media platforms including YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram. Good understanding and experience of digital advertising tactics
- Must show an ability to evolve with a brand over time
- Excellent organization skills, with an ability to prioritize important projects and manage several projects simultaneously and document progress
- Sound analytical thinking, problem solving, planning, and execution skills
- Capability of working and thriving in a fast-paced environment under strict deadlines
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
- Hands on, ability to multi-task, willing to learn and work beyond job-scope when necessary
- Strong planning, communication, influencing, and conflict management skills
- Meticulous eye for detail, style, and colors with a high degree of accuracy
- Copywriting for industry related advertising and branding
- Possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information
- Dependable and good time management
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude; able to work as a team or independently
- Work under limited guidance and able to self-direct