Title: Accounts Payable Coordinator
Job Classification: Accounts Payable Coordinator
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Location: Burnaby, BC
Start Date: Immediately
ABOUT ALLTECK LINE CONTRACTORS
Allteck Line Contractors Inc. is an electrical utility construction company, with decades of engineering, construction and project management experience in Utility, Oil and Gas, Forestry, and Transportation sectors. We have regional offices spanning Western Canada with a workforce of 350 professionals and tradespeople strong.
As a subsidiary of Quanta Services, a group of companies known as the leader in integrated infrastructure solutions, we are part of a global network working throughout North America, Latin America and Australia.
… and now Allteck is looking for an Accounts Payable Coordinator (Maternity-Leave Contract) to join the team!
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for full-cycle AP, administrating vendor accounts, invoices, and processing the data through JD Edwards and Transform AP. This position is based out of our head office in Central Burnaby and reports to the Accounting Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Daily data entry into accounting systems (JD Edwards & Transform AP)
- Assist with sorting, organizing and filing of invoices
- Set up & maintain vendors
- Responding to internal & external Inquiries – AP Outlook Inbox
- Process incoming mail
- Verify & code invoices for vouchering
- Reconcile monthly statements
- Investigate & resolve discrepancies and/or misapplied payments as required
- Back-up support for visa processing
- Perform clerical functions and other related duties as required
- Ensure strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- 2 to 3 years’ experience
- Post-Secondary – accounting or business related an asset
- Construction industry experience as asset
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Possess a high level of moral judgement for handling confidential information and monetary transactions
- Proven ability to multitask and work on tight deadlines
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Suite: Excel and Outlook