Title: Junior Distribution Designer
Job Classification: Junior Distribution Designer
Location: Kelowna, BC
Start Date: Immediately
ABOUT ALLTECK LINE CONTRACTORS
Allteck Line Contractors Inc. is an electrical utility construction company, with decades of engineering, construction and project management experience in Utility, Oil and Gas, Forestry, and Transportation sectors. We have regional offices spanning Western Canada with a workforce of 350 professionals and tradespeople strong.
As a subsidiary of Quanta Services, a group of companies known as the leader in integrated infrastructure solutions, we are part of a global network working throughout North America, Latin America and Australia.
Allteck is seeking a Junior Distribution Designer to support our project teams! Working in the Kelowna Office, the individual being engaged in a team-oriented group and participating in a wide variety of projects, drafting tasks and process improvements on underground and overhead distribution design projects.
- Develop and prepare drawings, plans, diagrams and layouts.
- Prepare design projects from conception to completion using AutoCAD and GIS mapping software, includes residential subdivisions, commercial and industrial applications.
- Produce, complete and audit document packages, drawings set, construction packages and/or as-built drawings.
- Participate in client design/review meetings.
- Source and cost distribution project materials.
- Assemble design packages for internal reviews and deliverables to clients.
- Customer interface – clients, developers and internal customers as requested.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology, Civil Engineering Technology, or an otherwise related field with one (1) years of experience in construction design is preferred.
- Registered (or eligible for registration) for an AScT Designation or EIT in Electrical Engineering.
- Design drafting experience with one (1) year experience in AutoCAD.
Job Type: Full-time
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel or Word.
- DesiStrong verbal communication abilities, good organization, interpersonal and customer service skills. gn drafting experience with one (1) year experience in AutoCAD.
- Ability to work in a team environment and work with a minimal amount of supervision.