Title: Quality Manager
Job Classification: Quality Manager
Reports to: Director of Project Management Office
Location: Burnaby, BC
Start Date: Immediately
ABOUT ALLTECK LINE CONTRACTORS
Allteck Line Contractors Inc. is an electrical utility construction company, with decades of engineering, construction and project management experience in Utility, Oil and Gas, Forestry, and Transportation sectors. We have regional offices spanning Western Canada with a workforce of 350 professionals and tradespeople strong.
As a subsidiary of Quanta Services, a group of companies known as the leader in integrated infrastructure solutions, we are part of a global network working throughout North America, Latin America and Australia.
Allteck is seeking a Quality Manager to join the team!
The Quality Manager in this role is accountable for ensuring that the processes and tools needed for the Allteck Quality Management System are established, implemented and maintained.
This position is based out of our head office in Burnaby, BC and reports to the Director of PMO.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Reviewing the Quality Management Systems to ensure compliance is maintained and continual improvement objectives are accomplished;
- Development of project-specific Quality Plans and Inspection & Test Plans based on contract and project requirements;
- Verify that quality related site activities are in accordance with the applicable codes and standards;
- Planning and conducting field audits to confirm compliance and for reporting the results and maintaining records;
- Investigate deficiencies and non-conformances resulting from audits, both internal and external;
- Ensure all quality control documentation is compiled and completed for turnover;
- Analysis to determine root-cause, develop appropriate corrective actions and assess the effectiveness of those actions;
- Communicate with external auditors regarding the Quality Management System;
- Ensure the promotion of quality awareness and regulatory requirements throughout Allteck;
- Capture lessons learned and solicit employee feedback to drive continuous improvement efforts;
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators for QA/QC activities to satisfy internal and client reporting requirements;
- Assist project management with resolution of project Quality issues and pass on best practices from one jobsite to another.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of five (5) years of work experience in an engineering, project/construction management or quality management role;
- Experience developing quality execution plans, inspection and test plans and performing quality audits tailored to clients in the utility, oil and gas or other industrial sectors;
- Demonstrated experience working in a schedule-driven environment in a construction or engineering company;
- Preference to individuals with a quality certification;
- Preference to post-secondary diploma or degree in engineering, construction management or similar field;
- Familiarity with T&D construction approaches and civil, electrical, mechanical and structural disciplines would be an asset;
- Working knowledge of T&D construction industry codes, utility standards and provincial regulations.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to develop positive relationships with a diverse range of disciplines in a dynamic business setting;
- Skilled with the use of Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic;
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks and manage multiple assignments;
- Individuals will be required to travel to project sites within Canada and elsewhere as directed.